Monday, March 14, 2011

princess? i'd rather not.

All these little girls all around the world watch Cinderella and Snow White and all they wanna be is a cute little princess. They wanna find that "prince charming" and fall in love, wear big, pink dresses and cover everything in sparkles. For real?
I never wanted to be a princess. I didn't go around looking for the love of my life, I don't really like pink much, and if everything was covered in sparkles I would probably get sick. I always wanted to be a real person. I don't play games, I don't hide my feelings, and I no longer let people take advantage of me. Life is way to short to pretend that things are okay or act like everything is perfect. It isn't perfect and that's what I like about it. I'm not afraid to say I've made mistakes and I'm not going to act like I like you if I don't.
Sometimes people ask me why I like the movie Moulin Rouge. Today I figured it out. It's about a prostitute that falls in love with a penniless writer but has to pretend she loves someone else and balance both relationships. And sorry if you've never seen it, but she dies in the end. I love that movie because it's real. They exact story line may be a little far fetched, but sometimes you love someone you shouldn't. Sometimes life is rocky. And it isn't always a happy ending. I don't wanna be a princess who lives happily ever after, I wanna be someone who knows what it's like to be happy because I've been unhappy. Someone who knows how important it is to be in love because I've been brokenhearted. I want to be a real person.

No comments:

Post a Comment